Multilingualism makes communication much more difficult, which could be carried out more easily, if all peoples have only one spoken language. But today people in the world speak almost 300 languages.
Most people speak Chinese the longest; Spanish, English, Bengali (the main territory is Bangladesh), Hindi, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, and German are behind him confidently.
It is hardly worthwhile to raise the question of the need for knowledge of a foreign language, because now the accelerated pace of globalization is so clear that this is an important and promising business.
Foreign languages are not easily given to many, as they often have, at first sight, nothing to do with their native language. After all, we need to memorize so many new lexical and grammatical units, and the new material is not very readily digested.
There are two main stages in mastering the language: passive, when you study the first sounds, words, begin to understand what is said and what is written; and active, when you say, write, think in a foreign language.
How to make the learning process more successful?
The first thing you need to say to yourself: “The road will be mastered by the going.” It is impossible to learn a language without doing it.
Of course, how and how much to deal with – it is difficult to give some advice. It is clear that the student-linguist has more time for this process than, for example, the mother of two children, who needs a language for promotion. And yet it is better to engage in a little, but regularly.
Second: Believe that there are no people incapable of learning the language, because once we learned to speak our native language. The truth is that some people like to talk more than listen and others do the opposite, but you can not overcome the spoken language with silence, so if you are to introvert, then overcome yourself and say, there is no other way here.
If you want to speak a foreign language, then your thoughts should also be in this language, without translation into Russian. To do this, you need to have a good vocabulary and be able to automatically make phrases from words. At first it will seem difficult, but gradually you will get used.
Vocabulary is actively replenished when reading. Reading is very important, because in addition to new words you will see real living constructs of the language.
To read it is necessary as much as possible and different in style of the edition. It can be like works of fiction, as well as scientific literature, newspapers, magazines, chats on the Internet, comic books, anecdotes
You will see that during the reading the words most common in this language will be repeated and so for you all the most necessary things will be selected.
You can compose phrases together with a teacher, a self-instruction book, or a native speaker. Of course, you need to enrich yourself with knowledge of grammar. Ease in the same conversation is acquired only with constant practice.
The next important moment in the language: the ability to hear and understand foreign speech by ear. It is quite possible that when you speak a little, you know the grammar, but when you go abroad and hear a real live speech, you can not single out a single familiar word. Of course, this is surmountable, but it is still good from the very beginning of the learning process to listen to foreign speech.
It is good to listen to understandable information for you, seeing the printed text before it, otherwise the flow of obscure speech will very quickly turn into a pleasant sound background.
And now some tips that you can follow:
1. Do it regularly, even for 15-20 minutes a day.
2. Carry a compactly recorded study material (word cards, rules, texts) with you and repeat it.
3. Make a variety in learning the language: read, listen to the notes, then do grammar, write a letter
4. Learn as much as possible by heart. It develops memory, and phrases and foreign words are well remembered when necessary.
5. Learn the words better in context, not in dictionary.It’s easier to imagine a situation in which they can be useful.
6. Read as much as possible, and do not try to translate every unfamiliar word. Look in the dictionary only when you miss the main thread of the narrative.
7. Do not be shy! Do not be afraid of mistakes, because they learn.
8. Master the set of running expressions, such as “should be said”, “give a minute to think”
9. Use any excuse to use the language: while traveling in public transport, waiting for reception
10. Try to communicate with people for whom this language is native. So you can gain invaluable experience and test your level of knowledge.
11. Language needs to be improved constantly, otherwise it will start to be forgotten. But if you know the language at a good level, then knowledge will easily be restored again.
Perhaps the article does not cover all the interesting techniques, but the main thing about which the author wanted to say: if you decided to learn the language – do not give up, and necessarily overcome it, maybe even having developed your own effective method.